CODE Maths Hub is one of 37 hubs that cover the whole of England.
The core purpose of the hub is to help schools and colleges lead improvement in mathematics education across the region. We seek to harness all the maths leadership and expertise within the area, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students.
CODE Maths Hub is one of a network of 37 Maths Hubs in England, working together within the Maths Hubs Programme, which began in 2014. The programme is funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and coordinated by the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM). Find out more about the programme at mathshubs.org.uk. We seek to harness all the maths leadership and expertise within the area, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students. The hub covers the whole of Cornwall and much of Devon; the map above shows the geographical area we cover and the amount of schools we have worked with so far.
Our Strategic Board meets once a term –
- Martin Higgs, Chair, Head of Alverton School
- Colin Bacon, CODE Strategic Lead
- Chris Gould, CODE Strategic Lead
- Andy Stittle, Director of Teaching and Learning, Truro College
- Annabelle Grose, NCETM
- Chris Barnes, Independent Early Years consultant
- Dan Simons, Deputy Head of Trewirgie School
- David Barton, Leader of Cornwall Association of Secondary Heads
- David Hick, CODE Hub Lead (Cornwall)
- Debbie Weible, CODE Hub Lead (Devon)
- Graeme Plunkett, Cornwall Council
- Heather Davis, Independent Level Consultant
- Helen Adams, Head Teacher of Truro Nursery School
- Helen Argall, Cornwall Teaching School
- Helen Williams, Independent Early Years Consultant
- Ian Bruce, Cornwall Associate of Primary Heads
- Jennifer Blunden, CEO of TPAT
- Lorwyn Randall, Education Endowment Foundation
- Margaret Harding, AMSP
- Sam Chapman, Babcock International
- Sue Wilson, Cornwall SCITT
- Tara Hollins, Marjon University
- Teresa Lawrance, Kernow Teaching School
- Tim Osborne, Head of School Effectiveness, Cornwall Council
- Will Pritchard, Senior School Effectiveness Officer, Cornwall Council
Latest news from CODE Maths Hub
Firstly, all of us at CODE Maths Hub hope that you, your families and school communities are well during these challenging times. As you will be aware that we have suspended all face-to-face contact over this summer term, although we have been able to maintain some support as we become more accomplished with the use of online meetings! This ‘Catch-up’ is a short update to keep you informed of the current work that is happening and also to make you aware of upcoming opportunities.
Have you seen the latest newsletter ‘Bespoke’ from NCETM? It summarises some of the findings from the latest evaluation of the Teaching For Mastery Programme. This evaluation shows that the Programme is having a ‘significant, positive impact at a number of levels’.
The England-China Exchange is well under way with three of our teachers taking part this year. Ross, Greg and Nicola are having an amazing time and learning lots in Shanghai. We look forward to hearing all about it and we are very excited to welcome teachers from Shanghai for the reciprocal visit early next year.