CODE Maths Hub is one of 40 hubs that cover the whole of England.
The core purpose of the hub is to help schools and colleges lead improvement in mathematics education across the region. We seek to harness all the maths leadership and expertise within the area, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students.
CODE Maths Hub is one of a network of 40 Maths Hubs in England, working together within the Maths Hubs Programme, which began in 2014. The programme is funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and coordinated by the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM). Find out more about the programme at www.ncetm.org.uk/maths-hubs. We seek to harness all the maths leadership and expertise within the area, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students. CODE Maths Hub is led by Truro and Penwith Academy Trust and covers the whole of Cornwall and much of Devon.
Our Leadership team is made up of teachers and educationalists in the region –
- Chris Gould, CODE Senior Leadership Link, Director of Education at the Truro and Penwith Academy Trust
- David Hick, CODE Hub Lead, Head of Chacewater School
- Debbie Weible, CODE Hub Lead, Director of Education, Riviera Trust
- Josh Lury, CODE Primary and Secondary Teaching for Mastery Lead, Independent Educational Consultant
- Richard Perring, CODE Secondary Teaching for Mastery Lead, NCETM
- Darren White, CODE Secondary Teaching for Mastery Lead, Head of Faculty (Mathematics) at Humphry Davy School
- Andy Oldman, CODE Secondary Teaching for Mastery Lead, Independent Educational Consultant
- Deborah Bland, CODE Level 3 Lead, Independent Maths Education Consultant
- Greg Chantler, CODE Primary Teaching for Mastery Lead, Assistant Headteacher at Sherford Vale School
- Ross Barnes, CODE Primary Teaching for Mastery Lead, Deputy Headteacher at Mawnan School
Our Strategic Board meets once a term –
- Lenka Chanter, Chair, Assistant Headteacher of the Roseland Academy
- Annabelle Grose, NCETM
- David Barton, Leader of Cornwall Association of Secondary Heads
- Helen Williams, Independent Early Years Consultant
- Ian Bruce, Cornwall Associate of Primary Heads
- Margaret Harding, AMSP
- Sam Chapman, Babcock International
- Will Pritchard, Senior School Effectiveness Officer, Cornwall Council
- Adele Bull, Director of Curriculum Development at Truro and Penwith College
- Jody Trayte, Headteacher at High View School
- Maria Anderson, CEO of Horizon Multi-Academy Trust
- Lisa Toms, South West Institute for Teaching
- Christine Barnes, Independent Early Years Consultant
Latest news from CODE Maths Hub
Firstly, all of us at CODE Maths Hub hope that you, your families and school communities are well during these challenging times. As you will be aware that we have suspended all face-to-face contact over this summer term, although we have been able to maintain some support as we become more accomplished with the use of online meetings! This ‘Catch-up’ is a short update to keep you informed of the current work that is happening and also to make you aware of upcoming opportunities.